PRSA Hawaii 2022 Board of Directors are:
- President, Samantha Tsui (Marketing Manager, Nordic PCL Construction)
- Immediate Past President, William Nhieu (Senior Account Supervisor, Anthology – A FINN Partners Company)
- President-Elect, Liane Hu Okumura, APR (Vice President, Communications & Public Relations, Olomana Loomis ISC)
- Secretary, Alty Falvey (Senior Account Executive, Anthology – A FINN Partners Company)
- Treasurer, Jaclyn Hawse (Director of Communications & Business Development, USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc.)
- Assembly Delegate & Western District Representative, Jennifer Armstrong, APR (Owner & Principal, StrongArm Communications)
- Education Director & Student Chapter Liaison, Amy Hennessey, APR (Senior Vice President, Communications & External Affairs, Ulupono Initiative)
- Koa Anvil Awards, Huy Vo (Director of Public Relations, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach)
- Membership, Maribell Pabalan (Account Executive, Anthology – A FINN Partners Company)
- Communications, Crystal Yamasaki (President, Crystal Clear Communications)
- Website, Keith DeMello (Vice President of Communications & Community, Ulupono Initiative)
- Digital Communications, Chantel Ikehara (Account Manager, Crystal Clear Communications)
“Moving forward into 2022, I am committed to investing in our chapter and its members. We want to focus on providing members with opportunities for personal and professional growth and development, to receive the most value from their membership,” said Tsui. “It is crucial during this time to support one another in bettering our community and those around us.”
PRSA is a professional development organization committed to advancing the standards of the public relations profession, elect their board of directors annually. Elected directors and chapter members serve one-year terms beginning on January 1 of each year, and Assembly Delegates serve three-year terms.
PRSA Hawaii was also selected to host the PRSA Western District Conference on April 27-29, 2022, bringing industry professionals from the entire region to Hawaii for the first time since 2003. Early bird pricing is still available through the end of February 2022 at https://prsawesterndistrict.org/.
Sign up to be notified of updates, including news alerts about registration, travel packages, and volunteer opportunities for PRSA Western District Conference 2022 at bit.ly/WDCHI2022.
“As we look forward to hosting the PRSA Western District conference this year, the Hawaii host committee will continue to monitor, follow and adapt to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic data and guidance from the CDC and other local, state and federal health authorities,” added Tsui. “This year marks our chapter’s 75th anniversary, and we are eager to continue serving Hawaii’s diverse public relations, communications, and marketing community.”
# # #
ABOUT PRSA HAWAII
Founded in 1947, PRSA Hawaii is one of six founding chapters of the Public Relations Society of America. The chapter’s mission is to build value, understanding, and the demand for public relations professionals in Hawaii.
The Hawaii Chapter offers professional development seminars, informational forums, skills workshops, and monthly luncheon programs to public relations professionals of all experience levels and to students across the state.
PRSA Hawaii is a vibrant organization comprised of an active nucleus on Oahu, a progressive affinity group on Maui, and over 80 members across the state. The organization also mentors a Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. For more information, visit www.prsahawaii.org.