PRSA HAWAII ANNOUNCES 2013 LEADERSHIP TEAM
HONOLULU – The Hawaii Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) today announced its 2013 Board of Directors and Committee Chairs, who will lead the organization and work together to build value, understanding and aloha for public relations industry.
“Our new board is a diverse and experienced team committed to excellence in the public relations field and sharing our knowledge through professional development, student mentorship and networking opportunities,” said Rebecca Pang, PRSA Hawaii president. “We take pride in representing some of Hawaii’s top organizations and together, look forward to advancing the PR profession across the state.
PRSA Hawaii named the following officers on its 2013 Board of Directors:
· President: Rebecca Pang, account supervisor, McNeil Wilson Communications
· President-Elect: Huy Vo, account supervisor, Communications Pacific
· Treasurer: Darlene Morikawa, director of public relations and communications, Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau
· Secretary: Michelle Edwards, director of public relations, Four Seasons Resorts Lanai
· Immediate Past President and Koa Anvil Awards: Melissa Malahoff-Kamei, manager of marketing and communications, Hawaii Pacific Health
· Communications: Monica Salter, director, Bennet Group Strategic Communications
· Membership: Erica Yamauchi, social marketing director, Project Kealahou
· Programs: Shauna Goya, account
supervisor, Communications Pacific
Erin Kealoha Fale, senior account executive, Communications Pacific
· Assembly Delegate and Accreditation: Kristen Bonilla, APR, public information officer, external affairs & university relations, University of Hawai‘i
· Assembly and Western District Delegate: Duke Gonzalez, APR, corporate communications specialist, U.S. Postal Service
· Education: Amy Hennessey, APR, director of communications, Ulupono Initiative and Rob Deveraturda, public relations director, The Harris Agency
· Neighbor Island Affinity Group: Donda Spiker, APR, manager of marketing and public relations, Kuakini Medical Center
ABOUT PRSA HAWAII
PRSA Hawaii, chartered in 1947, was one of six founding chapters of PRSA. The society is the world's largest organization for public relations professionals, with nearly 20,000 members representing business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms, and not-for-profit organizations.
The APR designation after board members’ names indicates an Accreditation in Public Relations by PRSA’s Universal Accreditation Board. According to PRSA, APR is a mark of distinction for public relations professionals who demonstrate their commitment to the public relations profession and its ethical practice, and who are selected based on broad knowledge, strategic prospective and sound professional judgment.
# # #