PRSA Hawaii Announces 2012 Leadership Team
HONOLULU – The Hawaii Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) today announced its 2012 Board of Directors and Committee Chairs who will lead the organization and work together to build value, understanding and demand for public relations professionals in Hawaii.
“We’re proud to have our membership represent a broad cross-section of public relations professionals throughout Hawaii,” said PRSA Hawaii President Melissa Malahoff-Kamei. “We’re committed to advancing the public relations profession locally by providing professional development, student mentorship and networking opportunities. We also advocate for upholding the code of ethics amongst the people in our profession.”
PRSA Hawaii named the following officers on its 2012 Board of Directors.
- President Melissa Malahoff-Kamei, manager of marketing and communications, Hawaii Pacific Health
- Immediate Past President Moani Wright-Van Alst, communications resource manager, Hawaii Medical Service Association
- President-Elect, Rebecca Pang, account supervisor, McNeil Wilson Communications
- Secretary Deborah Sharkey, president, Makana Communications
- Treasurer Huy Vo, senior account executive, Communications Pacific
- Assembly and Western District Delegate Duke Gonzales, APR, corporate communications specialist, U.S. Postal Service
- Assembly Delegate Kristen Bonilla, APR, public information officer, University of Hawaii
- Director of Outreach Nancy Daniels, APR, director of public relations, Outrigger Enterprises Group
- Director of Member Services Noreen Kam, account supervisor, McNeil Wilson Communications
- Director of Professional Development Lee Britos, account supervisor, Pang Communications
- Director of Communications Travis Taylor, vice president, Communications Pacific
PRSA Hawaii also announced the following 2012 committee chairs.
Erica Yamauchi, owner and principal, Erica Yamauchi Strategic Communications
Nathan Kam, vice president, McNeil Wilson Communications
Kristen Bonilla, APR, public information officer, University of Hawaii
Neighbor Island Affinity Group Chair
Donda Spiker, APR, manager of marketing and public relations, Kuakini Medical Center
Education, University of Hawaii Chair
Amy Hennessey, APR, director of communications, Ulupono Initiative
Education, Hawaii Pacific University Chair
Rob Deveraturda, public relations director, The Harris Agency
Koa Anvil Awards Co-Chairs
Melissa Kim, owner and partner, BASH Events LLC
Rhegan Liwanag-Luat, owner and partner, BASH Events LLC
Maria Quidez Glidden, owner and partner, BASH Events LLC
Huy Vo, senior account executive, Communications Pacific
ABOUT PRSA HAWAII
PRSA Hawaii, chartered in 1947, was one of six founding chapters of PRSA. The society is the world's largest organization for public relations professionals, with nearly 20,000 members representing business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms, and not-for-profit organizations.
The APR designation after board members’ names indicates an Accreditation in Public Relations by PRSA’s Universal Accreditation Board. According to PRSA, APR is a mark of distinction for public relations professionals who demonstrate their commitment to the public relations profession and its ethical practice, and who are selected based on broad knowledge, strategic prospective and sound professional judgment.