Joining the Public Relations Society of America dramatically expands your professional practice. Stay on top of emerging trends and industry news, hear experts in related fields, extend your network while increasing your knowledge, accelerate your career and prepare yourself for the future of the profession by participating in programs.
In addition to member benefits from PRSA national, the PRSA Hawaii chapter offers local professional development programs that facilitate education and networking, awards programs to get you the recognition you deserve, and business building and networking opportunities that strengthen your role in the PR profession. Hawaii chapter members also receive discounted prices at events, free access to job bank listings, a bi-monthly e-newsletter, and much more. Dues for the Hawaii Chapter are $50 per year and are paid annually with national dues.
Member benefits include:
- PRSAHawaii.org -The latest events, online resources, job postings and current PR news is available online. There is also a special members only log-in area where you can find a Hawaii chapter membership directory and other chapter resources.
- Monthly Seminars - Networking and education programs are generally held on the third Wednesday of each month. The Hawaii chapter also offers national teleseminars and webinars throughout the year at a discounted rate or free of charge for members.
- Bi-Monthly Newsletters - Stay up-to-date with industry trends and chapter activities through the chapter's bi-monthly e-newsletter.
- Accreditation in Public Relations - Our accreditation chair provides guidance for PR practitioners who study for and take the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) exam.
- Membership Mixers - Leave work behind to mix and mingle with other chapter members and enjoy drinks and appetizers. Mixers are generally held a few times each year at unique locations.
- Recognizing Excellence - The chapter's annual Koa Anvil Awards ceremony is held each July to recognize outstanding public relations programs and to encourage improved public relations performance and techniques. The Koa Anvil Awards are open to everyone and members receive entry discounts.
Visit the PRSA national website for more information about PRSA national membership benefits.