PRSA Hawaii's Young Professionals (YPR) committee presents its final event for 2009 -- "Media Speed-Networking." Celebrate Veteran's Day with some veterans of Hawaii's local media and get to know them one-on-one!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Murphy's Bar & Grill, 2 Merchant Street, Honolulu
5:30 p.m.: Check-in
5:45 p.m.: Media "Speed-Networking"
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.: Networking
This event is open to all professionals but specifically tailored to young professionals, providing the opportunity to get to meet media representatives face-to-face, and hopefully get some good feedback and tips on how media works and tips on pitching them.
PARTICIPATING MEDIA INCLUDE:
- Melissa Chang, Urban Mix Plate & Metromix (Blogger & Contributor)
- Alyson Helwagen, Lei Chic (Editor)
- Nanea Kalani, Pacific Business News (Reporter)
- Lauren Kawana, Pacific Edge Magazine (Editor)
- Steve Murray, Midweek (Associate Editor)
- Gene Park, Honolulu Star-Bulletin (Copy Editor)
- Steve Petranik, Hawaii Business Magazine (Editor)
- Mark Platte, Honolulu Advertiser (Editor)
- Diane Seo, Honolulu Advertiser (Metromix Editor)
- Catherine Toth, The Daily Dish & Kapio (Blogger & Kapiolani CC Student Newspaper Advisor)
- Veronica Yamagata, Cox Radio (Account Manager)
Early registration (on or before Sunday, November 8):
Registration starting November 9, or at the door:
For more information or to register, please contact Crystal Yamasaki at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-753-7134.
We look forward to seeing you there!