PRSA Hawaii is partnering with the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) Hawaii chapter to host a Media Access Workshop on Wednesday, Sept. 25 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Hawaii State Capitol, Room 309.
The free workshop is geared toward young PR professionals who are looking to improve their media pitches and gain better insight into what makes news. Increase your chances of getting media coverage for your clients by learning how to better work with journalists, bloggers and more.
The expert panel of speakers includes:
· Steve Petranik, editor of Hawaii Business
· Sean Ibara, producer and weekend assignment editor at KHON2
· Maureen O'Connell, deputy city editor at Honolulu Star-Advertiser
· Melissa Chang, APR, blogger at Nonstop Honolulu, freelance writer and independent media consultant
· Dawn Hirai, senior vice president of corporate/public affairs at Stryker Weiner & Yokota Public Relations
Moderator is Catherine Toth, a freelance writer, The Cat Dish blogger and journalism teacher.
Parking is available at the Capitol. Enter on Miller Street and park in a metered stall. Parking is free after 5 p.m.
Space is limited and you must RSVP by Friday, September 20 at midnight. RSVP at https://aajahawaii.eventbrite.com/.
For additional questions, please contact PRSA's Young Professional Resources (YPR) chair Shauna Goya at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-543-3506.